Pages

Rude

 
"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."
- Dave Barry

 

At work we have to deal with some rude people. I am not sure why people think that it is okay to be horrible to hospitality staff. Being rude will get you no where in life, and it certainly will not get your food to the table any quicker.
 
But why the sudden rant?
Yesterday at work, there were a lot of rude people. And I have dealt with some shockers in the past, but seriously, the people I experienced were next-level mean.
 
Now, I could go into detail about every time someone has been not-so-nice at work, but that's not the point I want to make. What I am trying to say is to be polite in every scenario. I know it can be frustrating if something if forgotten off your order, but asking nicely is key. Most waiters/waitresses wouldn't mind a kind reminder, not verbal abuse. If your food is taking a long time to be served, look around, are they really busy? Usually the answer is yes, and you have to wait like the other people who have been waiting. Want to know how much longer your order is going to take? Politely ask.
 
And another thing; ask the manager. If you get a rude waitress/waiter, don't just bitch to the other wait-staff about it; they can't do anything about it. Talk to the manager. Something about the menu has changed? Talked to the manager. The wait-staff generally have no say in these matters. The manager is rude? Go somewhere else.  It's not too hard.
 
*end rant*
I think I have got it out of my system. People with poor restaurant etiquette just really grind my gears.
 
Got something that really ticks you off? Tell me in the comments below and we can rant together!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, but please be kind!